Best coffee urns
Coffee must be one of people’s favorite beverages. Most of us cannot even start the day without a freshly brewed cup of coffee. Whether we are addicted, stressed, or we have terrible headaches without it, coffee is present I every single household. Lucky for us, we have several tools at hand to brew coffee. The time when we boiled water and put ground coffee in it has long gone. We now have a vast variety of coffee makers, espresso machines, and whatever else you can think of. At the same time, we have coffee urns that satisfy the need for caffeine for a lot of people at once.
Quick note: remember that coffee consumed in excess can lead to heart problems. While I understand the need for it perfectly, you must always drink it with moderation.
What is a coffee urn?
A coffee urn is a large device that can brew large quantities of coffee at once. For example, if you are holding a party, a brunch, a banquet, or you organize a conference, you need to be able to make large quantities of coffee. What are you going to use to brew coffee for 50 people at once? A coffee maker? That can make 10 cups of coffee tops. Here is where the coffee urn intervenes. Depending on the model, you can brew up to 100 cups of coffee at a time.
The benefits of using a coffee urn
Brewing large quantities of coffee is not something everyone needs. There are special circumstances in which this device can be useful. Banquets, parties, conferences, and so on will require a coffee urn. There are plenty of benefits of investing in a coffee urn, and here are the most significant.
- It saves time – when you need to make coffee for 50 people, using a coffee maker may take you a long time to satisfy everyone. After all, coffee makers are not the fastest devices to use when you make coffee, and espresso machines, while they are fast, require making every cup of coffee at a time. That is not very time-efficient, isn’t it? A coffee urn, on the other hand, can handle the job. Of course, if you need 100 cups of coffee, it may take a while, but it is still less than using the alternatives.
- It is efficient – even if you use a coffee maker, that means emptying the filter every 10 cups or so. Take out the filter, change it, refill the water tank, put ground coffee in the container, and then repeat the process a few times. That is not very efficient. That is why a coffee urn is more suitable for the job. You only have to do that once.
- It is the best choice for the office – on a floor where 30 people work, a coffee maker is okay, but not as suitable as a coffee urn. To satisfy the need for caffeine of 30 people or more is not a job ideal for a small coffee maker. It is true that a lot of offices use it, but why not go for the better solution when obviously there is one?
- It keeps the coffee warm for longer – coffee makers have this feature too. They can maintain the coffee warm for some time, but that period of time goes up to a maximum of 40 minutes. A coffee urn, on the other hand, can maintain a hot temperature up to 3 hours, even if you unplug the machine. That is because coffee urns are incredibly well insulated.
- They are portable – one of the best things about coffee urns is that they are portable. That is why catering businesses usually use coffee urns. Because they can make a lot of coffee at once, and they can take it along anywhere they go. As long as there is a power outlet, you are good to go.
Along with all those benefits, there is a downside as well. It can take a while to brew an entire urn of coffee. Depending on the capacity of the container, it can take an hour or even more. Even so, it is still better than to use a tiny coffee maker, which if you put together the whole process, it takes longer. Making 10 batches of 20 cups of coffee with a coffee maker will obviously take longer than using a 100-cup coffee urn. And, if you brew less than you need, you need to wait again for another batch.
What to consider when looking for the best coffee urn?
If you go online and di a simple search, you will see that there are tons of models from several manufacturers. However, do not make a random choice. Read the specifications of a particular product before you buy it. Also, remember to consider the next factors:
- Capacity – not all coffee urns are designed to make the same amount of coffee at once. While some can make as little as 30 cups of coffee, others have a large capacity of 100 cups at once. You should choose the one that best suits your needs. There is no point in buying an extra-large coffee urn if you need on average 30 cups of coffee at once. It would be a waste of your money.
- Construction – since a coffee urn is somewhat large, it needs to have sturdy construction. After all, this device is made to withstand some abuse, and if it is made of cheap materials and poorly constructed, you may have to purchase another device in a little while. My advice is to avoid cheap products. You may spend some extra cash on your first purchase, but at least it is going to be your only purchase for many years to come. Go for high-quality materials like stainless steel and durable plastic.
- Insulation – keeping all that coffee warm may be a challenge for small coffee makers, but not for coffee urns. That is because generally, coffee urns are very well insulated. However, you must read the specifications of a particular product just to see how well insulated it is. Anything that has under two walls is not even worth looking at. Unless they use a different insulation technology. Even so, double-walls cannot fail you in keeping your coffee warm for an extended period of time.
- Ease of use – ease of use can refer to a number of For one, the urn needs to be easy to fill with coffee and water. The opening needs to be large enough so that you do not spill water and ground coffee everywhere around the device. Then, it needs to be easy to set up. Many buttons are not necessary on a coffee urn. Lastly, the pouring spout needs to be dripless, and if it can be adjusted in height, that is even better. That way you can fill cups, as well as a thermos or other high container.
What are the best coffee urns?
If you are in the market for the best coffee urns, you have come to the right place. I have chosen three excellent products that I am sure you are going to enjoy. Reading coffee urns reviews online may be one of the best methods of selecting the right product. With that being said, take a look at the best coffee urns I found.
Café Amoroso 100-Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Urn
If you are looking for a heavy-duty coffee urn that can handle even the largest parties, this is the urn you want. It has a capacity of 100 cups of coffee, which should be more than enough for a single batch. After all, drinking 100 cups of coffee is not something that can be achieved in a few minutes. Unless you buy this for a hotel with a self-serving breakfast. My point is that this is an extra-large coffee urn with amazing capabilities.
The coffee urn from Café Amoroso has a very durable construction. The double-wall commercial stainless steel body can resist dents, and it maintains its shiny look for many years to come. It cannot even begin to compare with polished aluminum models. You do not need to insert filters since the device is equipped with a built-in filter basket. The lid can be locked, and the spout is easy to use.
As for how long it takes to brew that much coffee, the entire process should last about 40 to 50 minutes. As long as you keep it plugged in the temperature of the coffee will stay hot and when you unplug it or turn it off, the coffee remains warm for about 3 hours. It is a very safe device with a double-wall design. That makes it incredibly efficient. The insulating air that fills the air between the two walls means less heat loss and less power consumption. Moreover, even if you touch it by accident, you are not going to burn your hands.
Hamilton Beach 45-Cup Coffee Urn
We will take it down a notch and continue with a coffee urn that is about half the size of the previous product. nevertheless, that does not make it less potent. It is an excellent coffee urn that will brew your coffee and keep I war for hours. It can make between 15 and 45 cups of coffee at once, with an average of 1 minute per cup. Judging by that, it is a bit slower than the previous model, but if you organize your time properly, you should not suffer any delays.
The Hamilton Beach coffee urn is well insulated and will keep your coffee warm for a few hours even without being plugged in. The safety features such as the locking lid and the heat-resistant handles will prevent you from spilling hot coffee on you or on anyone else, as well as burning your hands when you carry the container.
Other features include a 2-way dispenser for a single cup or continuous filling, an easy to fill with water level marks, as well as a ready-to-serve indicator light. The device is very easy to use, and I am sure you will be more than satisfied with it.
West Bend Highly Polished Stainless Steel Commercial 55-Cup Coffee Urn
Last but not least, I am sure that this model will put a spell on you. It is a beautiful coffee urn that makes me think of a fancy place where people go for brunch. The highly polished stainless steel makes it durable, but at the same time, it makes it look very stylish. I am sure you will love it at least as much as I do.
Just as the title suggests, this device has a capacity of 55 cups. It is also very fast because it takes only up to 20 minutes to brew a full container. The stainless steel exterior together with the insulation maintains the coffee warm for a few hours. It is effortless to use, and the interior level markings will help you fill the container correctly.
The dripless faucet is two-way. That means you can fill one cup at a time, but you can opt for continuous filling. The twist-lock cover will prevent you from spilling hot coffee on anyone as well as on yourself, and the heat-resistant handles will prevent you from burning your hands. The dual thermostats will help you brew the perfect coffee, and then it will keep it at an optimal temperature for consumption.
I cannot hide my love for the West Bend Highly Polished Stainless Steel Commercial 55-Cup Coffee Urn. It has a beautiful design and all the right features. I think it is one of the best coffee urns you can get.
Making large amounts of coffee is made easy by coffee urns. Why spend hours on brewing the same amount when you have a simple and efficient solution? Purchase a coffee urn, and you are all set. I am sure that one of the models above is more than fit for the job. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Mystery of Electric Coffee Urn No One Is Talking About
- The Most Neglected Fact Regarding Hamilton Beach 42 Cup Coffee Urn Exposed
- The Benefits of Commercial Coffee Makers
- Purchasing Percolator Coffee Pot
- Small Coffee Urn at a Glance
- One of the Most Ignored Systems for Large Coffee Urn
- The Honest to Goodness Truth on Industrial Coffee Machines
- Top Tips of Industrial Coffee Maker
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Best Coffee Machine Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- Using Farberware Coffee Maker
- The Honest to Goodness Truth on Best Coffee Maker
- Top Advice on Bunn Coffee Pot
- The Insider Secret on Coffee Brewer Exposed
- Electric Coffee Percolator – the Story
- The New Angle On 42 Cup Coffee Urn Just Released
- Hearsay, Deception and Coffee Pot
- Commercial Coffee Machines Ideas
- Why People Aren’t Discussing Coffee Maker and What You Need to be Doing Right Now About It
- The Farberware Coffee Pot Pitfall
- The Appeal of Electric Urn
- Hamilton Beach D50065 Can Be Fun for Everyone
- A Secret Weapon for 40 Cup Coffee Maker
- New Step by Step Roadmap for 60 Cup Coffee Urn
- Coffee Urns for Sale: No Longer a Mystery
- Details of Farberware Coffee Urn
- Ideas, Formulas and Shortcuts for Urn Coffee
- What You Need to Do About Hamilton Beach 60 Cup Coffee Urn Beginning in the Next Six Minutes
- Where to Find 100 Cup Coffee Maker
- Whispered Cup Coffee Maker Secrets
- Find Out Who’s Talking About Stainless Steel Coffee Urn and Why You Should Be Worried
- The Benefits of Hot Water Urn
- What You Don’t Know About Hamilton Beach Commercial Coffee Maker
- Buying Commercial Coffee Urn
- Sensitive Facts About Hamilton Beach Coffee Urn That Only the Pros Know Exist
- The Characteristics of Coffee Urn